Aintree Track Days
Follow in the tracks of Fangio, Brooks & Moss, and drive the famous Aintree Circuit.
Sessions available for Open Wheel Single-Seaters – race licence not required!
The 2013 LMC Aintree trackdays are on the 25th May & 5th October and will sell out quickly. Don’t miss your chance to drive on part of the historic Circuit, where Stirling Moss secured his first ever Grand Prix win!
Bookings for the October trackday will open on Monday 9th September at approximately 7.00pm to 7.30pm
Bookings for our first trackday of 2013 are closed
All acknowledgements have been sent out by email, please check your in-box.
Would you like us to email you to let you know when bookings open for future Track Days?
Don’t miss out, click here to sign up for our free email notification!
We will then send you a priority email on the day that we start accepting bookings for each future Track Day. But once you get the email, about 4 weeks prior to the event, don’t delay as the event will fill up within just 4 or 5 days
LMC Aintree Track Days – basic information:
- Fantastic value at only £119 per car, additional driver in same group/session £33.
- Passengers £10 (pay on the day, must be over 16 & one at a time).
- All cars will be noise tested and must not exceed 105dBa at 0.5m from the exhaust at 75% max revs.
- Sessions for :- Novices – Intermediates – Experienced – Open wheeled single seaters
- Fully marshalled event with Licenced Race Rescue and medical personnel.
- ARDS instructors available, providing free coaching.
- Open to non-members, with discounts available to members of Liverpool Motor Club.
- Excellent value refreshments on site throughout the day.
- Spectators most welcome. Plenty of free parking. Admission just £5 per person
- Sessions run continuously from 10am to at least 4.30pm with a 45min. break for lunch.
- Aintree Club Circuit is 1.5 miles long, 35 feet wide, well surfaced (and quick!)
- Driving standards observed, and unacceptable behavior acted upon.
- Event designed for sensible enthusiasts who don’t take themselves too seriously (i.e. a fun day out)
- LMC track days comply with the safety requirements of the Association of Track Day Organisers (ATDO)
- Max 20 cars on track at any one time
HOW TO BOOK
Firstly, ensure you have read the Event Rules and Site Regulations and the ‘Important Information’ section below about safety. By submitting a booking, you agree to comply with our Event Rules and Site Regulations, and acknowledge the details contained in the ‘Important Information’ section below .
There are 3 ways of booking:-
1. Book and pay on-line. It is secure, you will get priority over all other methods & there’s nothing to post. Read the following notes as you scroll down to the HOW TO BOOK paragraph, where you will find the Trackday Booking button..
2. Book on-line, but send payment by cheque. Slower, but you will still get priority over those who don’t book on-line. We will hold your booking for 5 working days whilst waiting for your cheque. If your cheque doesn’t arrive in that time, your booking may be reallocated if there is someone else waiting in reserve.
3. Book & pay by post. It’s the slowest method as you are relying totally on the postal service. If you are reading this, you must have internet access, so why not use our on-line service to make sure your booking arrives before your session is full. You should read the following notes as you scroll down to the HOW TO BOOK paragraph.
IMPORTANT – if you are thinking of paying by cheque:-
(this facility may be withdrawn before the closing date)
1. Attach the correct postage. If you don’t, your letter may be returned unopened.
2. Do not send your cheque by any method that has to be signed for on delivery as your booking is almost certain to be delayed. To avoid problems, why not use our secure on-line booking system, and pay-on line too?
3. Note that we will only hold your provisional booking for 5 working days whilst waiting for your cheque.
To book by post, click here: April 2013 Trackday Booking Form then complete & return the 2013 Postal Booking Form and send it to us with your payment
To Book on-line, click on the BOOK TRACKDAY button at the bottom of this page. Up to 2 additional drivers to share your car can be booked at the same time on-line. All drivers must be pre-booked, we do not accept any bookings for additional drivers on the day.
You will be able to book for up to three drivers per car on-line so please have their information available when you fill the form. If you need to add extra drivers later you will need to go to our Contact Us page and request a postal booking form for each additional driver which will delay your booking.
Please remember that the email address that you give us on the booking form will be used to send you your acknowledgement so please ensure it is correct.
We regret that neither e-mail nor fax applications can be accepted and we must point out that under no circumstances will bookings be accepted on the day for either main or additional drivers. For further information, please contact Ron Hunt on 07905 677058 (10.00am to 5.30pm only please) or by e-mail via the Trackday Bookings email link on our Contact Us page.
- This event is not a commercial event but is run by volunteer enthusiasts, for enthusiasts & is great value for money
- You do not have to be a member of Liverpool Motor Club to take part (but do please join us & you’ll get a £3 discount!)
- You’ll have to book quickly as our customers keep coming back again & again!
- All bookings must be made in advance.
- Bookings (including additional drivers) will not be accepted on the day of the event.
- Passengers will be accepted on the day and do not require pre-booking
- ARDS instructors on hand for advice – free!
- Unlike track days elsewhere, the organising team are all volunteers – no one is paid for staging the event – any surplus is ploughed back into running the events and keeping the booking fees as low as possible!
All cars must be mechanically and structurally sound and All participants must wear a correctly fitting crash helmet in good condition which should be to a minimum standard of MSA type A/FR (which comprises only the following standards, one or more of which must be clearly marked on the helmet: FIA 8860-2004, BS6658 type A/FR, SFI 31.1A or 31.2A, Snell SA2000, SA2005 , SA2010 & SAH2010 or superseding standard). Flame-resistant overalls and gloves are strongly recommended. Arms & legs must be covered (no T shirts or shorts). Cars must be adequately silenced. Rear view mirrors are compulsory. Passengers over the age of 16 years may be carried (one at a time) but they & the parent/guardian must have completed the appropriate ‘signing-on’ forms acknowledging the risks involved. The event will be fully marshalled and safety cover will be provided. Driving standards will be closely observed and the organisers will exclude anyone considered to be driving without due regard for the safety of themselves or other participants. The organisers do not provide any safety helmets or clothing. We recommend that track day participants use safety equipment that is at least as good as the minimum standard required for competitive motorsport. **Note that since 1st Jan 2010 only flame-resistant helmets are allowed in competitive motorsport. ** You are requested to identify an adequate towing point accessible from the front & rear of your car. Racing will not be permitted. Slick (untreaded) tyres are not allowed unless the vehicle is fitted with an adequate Roll Over Protection System (ie Roll Cage/Roll hoop).
All sessions are run on the Aintree Club Circuit which forms part of the track used for five British Grand Prix in the late 1950′s and early 1960′s. Don’t miss your chance to drive this historic Circuit, where Stirling Moss secured his first ever Grand Prix win, and 50 years ago in 1962, Jim Clark won the last ever British Grand Prix to be held at Aintree! The Track Days are run to the same high standard as our award winning Championship Sprints, and with the same emphasis on a safe, enjoyable day for all.
Aintree Club Circuit is located within the Aintree Grand National Course, approx. 5 miles north of Liverpool. Approach by the A59 south of its junction with the M57/M58, then East along Aintree Lane B5184 (signed Melling) to Melling Road , which bisects the Grand National course. (Follow signs for Aintree Golf Centre) OS Landranger map 106 (Grid Ref 377985). See also our find us page for Directions & Map
last update: 20/05/2013
in 2 days
Bookings Not Available Yet
in 4 months, 15 days
Bookings Not Available Yet