Aintree Track Days
Follow in the tracks of Fangio, Brooks & Moss, and drive the famous Aintree Circuit.
We run dedicated sessions for Open Wheel Single-Seaters and Sports Racing Cars – MSA licence not required!
Photo courtesy of Brian Taylor
The bookings for the 2017 LMC Aintree trackdays on the 27th May & 30th September will reopen approximately four weeks before each trackday.
Don’t miss your chance to drive on part of the historic Aintree Grand Prix Circuit. Join our Trackday Mailing List and we’ll send you an email as soon as the bookings go live for each Trackday. (We will only send you information about our Trackdays, we’ll never pass your contact details to anyone else)
Liverpool Motor Club is not a commercial organisation, but is a motor club run by volunteers.
We don’t have the overheads of an office or staff, and none of our officials are paid. All proceeds from our motorsport activities are ploughed back into our events and help keep our booking/entry fees low. Our aim is to run safe, friendly events to the highest of standards for the benefit of motorsport enthusiasts. We don’t have any automated response systems, every contact you make with us will be handled individually by one of the officials that you will see at our events so please allow a little time for us to respond, especially at busy times.
Liverpool Motor Club – run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts!
Information on the status of each group’s availability will appear here once bookings open.
Bookings will open at 8pm on 26th April.
LMC Aintree Track Days – basic information:
- Fantastic value at only £120 per car, additional driver in same group/session £33.
- Passengers £10 (pay on the day, must be over 16 & one at a time).
- All cars will be noise tested and must not exceed 105dBa at 0.5m from the exhaust at 75% max revs. A 98dBa limit on drive-by tests may also be imposed.
- Sessions for :- A. Novices (Quick) – B. Intermediates (Quicker) – C. Experienced (Quickest) – D. Single Seat and Sports Racing cars
- Fully marshalled event with Licenced Race Rescue and medical personnel.
- ARDS instructors available FREE to providing basic coaching.
- Open to non-members, with discounts available to members of Liverpool Motor Club.
- Excellent value refreshments on site throughout the day.
- Spectators most welcome. Plenty of free parking. Admission just £5 per person
- Sessions run continuously from 10am to at least 4.30pm with a 45min. break for lunch.
- Aintree Club Circuit is 1.5 miles long, 35 feet wide, well surfaced (and quick!)
- Driving standards observed, and unacceptable behaviour acted upon.
- Event designed for sensible enthusiasts who don’t take themselves too seriously (i.e. a fun day out)
- LMC track days comply with the safety requirements of the Association of Track Day Organisers (ATDO)
- Max 20 cars on track at any one time
- When deciding which group to enter, please consider how quickly you are likely to be driving compared with other cars in that group. Do not over estimate your or your car’s likely performance.
- Group A (Novice). Quick and will have some highly experienced drivers in it who choose this group because their cars are only moderately quick
- Group B (Intermediate) Quicker, will have cars in it that are somewhat quicker than Group A, but not as quick as Group C
- Group C (Experienced) Quickest, will have cars that are quicker still, most lapping at full race speeds
- Pick a group that is likely to match your speed, not just your experience. If you book for a quicker group than the one you should be in, your enjoyment will be compromised as you will be concentrating on keeping out of the way of faster cars rather than enjoying your time on track .
Please do not over estimate your ability or that of your car by booking for the “experienced” group unless you really are quick on track. You will spend much of your time keeping out of the way of others which will spoil your day, and could risk yours and other drivers’ safety.
HOW TO BOOK
Firstly, CLICK HERE to read the Event Rules and Site Regulations 2017 and then the ‘Important Information’ section below about safety. By submitting a booking, you agree to comply with our Event Rules and Site Regulations, and acknowledge the details contained in the ‘Important Information’ section below .
Then click on the BOOK TRACKDAY button at the bottom of this page. Up to 2 additional drivers to share your car can be booked at the same time on-line. All drivers must be pre-booked, we do not accept any bookings for additional drivers on the day.
You will be able to book for up to three drivers per car on-line so please have their information to hand when you fill the form. If you need to add extra drivers later you will need to go to our Contact Us page and request a postal booking form for each additional driver which will delay your booking.
Please remember that the email address that you give us on the booking form will be used to send you your acknowledgement so please ensure it is correct.
We regret that neither e-mail nor fax applications can be accepted and we must point out that under no circumstances will bookings be accepted on the day for either main or additional drivers. For further information, please contact Ron Hunt on 07905 677058 (10.00am to 5.30pm only please) or by e-mail via the Trackday Bookings email link on our Contact Us page.
- This event is not a commercial event but is run by volunteer enthusiasts, for enthusiasts & is great value for money
- You do not have to be a member of Liverpool Motor Club to take part (but do please join us & you’ll get a £3 discount!)
- You’ll have to book quickly as our customers keep coming back again & again!
- All bookings must be made in advance.
- Bookings (including additional drivers) will not be accepted on the day of the event.
- Passengers will be accepted on the day and do not require pre-booking
- ARDS instructors on hand for advice – free!
- Unlike track days elsewhere, the organising team are all volunteers – no one is paid for staging the event – any surplus is ploughed back into running our events and keeping the booking fees as low as possible!
All cars must be mechanically and structurally sound and All participants must wear a correctly fitting fire resistant crash helmet in good condition. We consider that only helmets complying with the following standards are considered suitable: FIA 8860-2004, FIA 8860-2010, FIA 8859-2015, Snell SA2005, SA2010, SA2015, SAH2010, SFI31.1A, SFI31.2A. Flame-resistant overalls and gloves are strongly recommended. Arms & legs must be covered (no T shirts or shorts). Cars must be adequately silenced to max 103dbA (static). Rear view mirrors are compulsory. Passengers over the age of 16 years may be carried (one at a time) but they & the parent/guardian must have completed the appropriate ‘signing-on’ forms acknowledging the risks involved. The event will be fully marshalled and safety cover will be provided. Driving standards will be closely observed and the organisers will exclude anyone considered to be driving without due regard for the safety of themselves or other participants. The organisers do not provide any safety helmets or clothing. We recommend that track day participants use safety equipment that is at least as good as the minimum standard required for competitive motorsport. Cars must have a towing point of adequate strength at both front & rear identified using a contrasting colour. A suitable point on the roll hoop will generally suffice for open single seater and open sports racing cars. Slick (untreaded) tyres are not allowed unless the vehicle is fitted with an adequate Roll Over Protection System (i.e. Roll Cage/Roll hoop). Racing will not be permitted.
All sessions are run on the Aintree Club Circuit which forms part of the track used for five British Grand Prix in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. Don’t miss your chance to drive this historic Circuit, where Stirling Moss secured his first ever Grand Prix win 60 years ago this year and, in 1962, Jim Clark won the last ever British Grand Prix to be held at Aintree. The Track Days are run to the same high standard as our award winning Championship Sprints, and with the same emphasis on a safe, enjoyable day for all.
Aintree Club Circuit is located within the Aintree Grand National Course, approx. 5 miles north of Liverpool. Approach by the A59 south of its junction with the M57/M58, then East along Aintree Lane B5184 (signed Melling) to Melling Road , which bisects the Grand National course. (Follow signs for Aintree Golf Centre) OS Landranger map 106 (Grid Ref 377985). See also our find us page for Directions & Map
Aintree Trackday 1the_content(); ?>
in 29 days